The Mid-Day Meow
You know what 2:30 in the afternoon feels like, right? Sleepy? Groggy? Dying for a nap? What do you do? Head for the coffee? Grab a soda? But how long does that last? Try this instead, the Mid-Day Meow, you’re mid-day NBACats news fix that gives you 5-hours of energy!
Found a couple of interesting stories online involving our NBACats that I would like to share with all of you, is that ok? Am I asking too many questions? Unfortuately I can’t wait for your answer, so I’m going to assume you said yes and just get to the news…
– John Calipari is the true founder of this site. None of this would be possible without him. In 2 seasons Coach Cal has put 9 players into the NBA, including 7 first round draft picks (that is amazing) and even more are on the way. But Cal doesn’t just sign em’ up and ship em’ off, he stays connected. Don’t believe me (sorry I couldn’t help it)? Check out this tweet he sent yesterday…
How bout @john_wall and @boogiecousins combining for almost 60 points in two NBA wins tonight. I love it! Miss u guys
Ahhh…I’m sure they miss you too Cal.
– In some bittersweet news, Chauncey Billups left the fourth quarter of last nights game with an injury. Early reports are that he may have torn his Achilles Tendon. While we here at NBACats never like taking joy in someone elses misery…this is EXCITING news! Let’s hope the head coach isn’t stupid and realizes what he has in Eric Bledsoe and starts giving him some PT! In case you want to read the full article about the injury, here is a link.
– Don’t know how many of you will have seen this video but I found a clip on YouTube last night of Patrick Patterson blocking Ricky Rubio, and it got me thinking. I wonder how many times future NBACat Anthony Davis will block Ricky Rubio in his career? I am going to go out on a limb and say that I predict it will happen at least once. #AnthonyDavisSaysShutup
– Don’t forget that UK plays Florida tonight at 7:00 on ESPN. Go Cats!!
– And finally, I promised someone I would say this on the site and completely forgot to this morning. So here ya go, “How about Louis Scola dropping 25 points after Kevin Love Ndamukung Suh’d his Skulla”. Here is the video.
That’s all for now. Be sure to check back later this afternoon for the NBACats Live Gamecast Links, don’t forgot to follow us on twitter @NBACats, and keep looking for those player pages, word on the street is that a couple of them are due to be finished sometime this afternoon. Go Cats!!