The Monday Night Scratching Post
Josh Harrelson, aka “Jorts”, turned 23 today. I am still blown away every time I think about where he was that last year under Billy Gillespie and where he is right now. I don’t think there was a single one of us who ever thought we would see Jorts in the NBA, probably even including Josh. It just goes to show that with hard work, anything is possible. Happy Birthday Jorts!!!
NBACats in the News
– A quick piece of FutureNBACats news that caught me a little by surprise. The Bleacher Report put together a 2012 mock draft and as expected, there are several Wildcats featured prominently, including one name you probably didn’t expect to see so high.
– I’m not ready to stop talking about Rondo’s triple-double, and apparently the Internet isn’t either, so here is another article from the Sentinel Source for your reading enjoyment, I know you want to read it.
– Keith Bogans had successful season-ending surgery today. While this is good news, lets hope that he heals quickly and completely, and gets back next season.
– And finally, the Orlando Sentinel wrote up this article about DeAndre Liggins and the tragedies he has had to overcome to make it to where he is today, the NBA.
NBACats in Action
– The 76ers won tonight, but who cares. I know what you want, Jodie Meeks stats. Jodie played 32 minutes, scored 11 points (including 3-6 from deep) and also added 5 rebounds. It’s nice to see Meeks playing such an important role on such a surprisingly good team. If you absolutely have to know about how the 76ers won, click here for a full post game recap.
– DeAndre Liggins and Daniel Orton failed to play tonight, again. Full post game recap here.
– Enes Kanter had one of the best games of his young career, scoring 6 points and recording a career-high 12 rebounds in 22 minutes of action. Apparently the rest of the Utah Jazz had an off-night, as the team still lost to the Hornets 86-80, despite Kanter’s solid game. A full post game recap can be found here.
That’s all we have here at NBACats headquarters. Be sure to check back tomorrow morning for the Tuesday Morning Furball, which will include Eric Bledsoe’s post game recap, as well as a new collection of NBACats links to read, and as always, we will continue to work on player pages, so keep an eye out for those.