The Thursday Morning Furball
A couple of weeks ago when I was trying to think of clever names to name the morning post for this website, the first one that came to my mind was “The Morning Poop”. When I told my family about the name their feedback was immediate and not supportive. My sister told me she hated it. My brother told me I should come up with something more creative and less disgusting. My dad said he thought it was pretty good (but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t even know what a blog is) and my mom refuses to read the website all together. Feeling like I had no other choice, I went with The Morning Furball, and the dream of “The Morning Poop” died. Or so I thought. This morning I stumbled upon the website RedArmy.com (which coincidentally covers the Celtics) and their brilliantly named morning post, “The Morning Dump”. While I admit that “dump” is better than “poop”, it still represents the same dream I had. So please join me in giving thanks to the folks over at RedArmy for having the courage to go with their
rectums guts and name a morning post after the human ritual of waking up and pooping (I know you do it). Despite my failure in creating it, the dream still lives on. Now let’s get to the news…
John Wall vs. Eric Bledsoe – Post Game Recap
– The Los Angeles Clippers defeated the Washington Wizards 102-84 last night. John Wall was impressive in the loss, recording a double-double with 18 points and 12 assists. Eric Bledsoe played (barely) finishing with 2 points, 1 rebound, and 1 assist in 6 minutes of action.
NBACats in the News
– Just tap your heels together three times and say Bleacher Report, Bleacher Report, Bleacher Report and WALLAH, a new semi-well written story involving trade rumors in the NBA. This time the trade rumor story involves the 76ers, but the real reason I’m talking about it is because the genius who wrote it said this…
This is a young team. Point guard Jrue Holiday is only 21 and is improving by the game. Nikola Vucevic is 21, Evan Turner is 23, Jodie Meeks is 24 and Lou Williams is 25. All of those guys are potential All-Stars down the road. At the very worst, they all have a five- to 10-year career in front of them.
I love Jodie Meeks just as much as the next guy, but c’mon, an All-Star? Prove me wrong Jodie!
– This is an almost 2 year old story, but, did you know that Rajon Rondo participated in a one-on-one basketball tournament sponsored by Red Bull held at the former prison Alcatraz? I didn’t either. I found this cool picture of the festivities and thought you might enjoy it.
– Greg Monroe sat down with the folks over at the Celtics Hub and had this to say about our boy Brandon Knight when asked what his thoughts were about Knight and their future together in Detroit
Yeah, he’s going to continue to get better. I know he’s been good for us this year and he’s going to continue to get better. I see big things for him in the future as long as he keeps working I know that’s something he’s going to do.
Monroe, who played for Georgetown (don’t hold that against him please) is also playing well this season and many around Detroit believe the future looks bright with Knight and Monroe forming a formidable duo. To read the full article, just click right here, and let the link take you on a journey through the internet.
– Finally, I will leave you with this picture of Mike Tyson posing with (and pointing at) Demarcus Cousins, Chuck Hayes and the rest of the Kings.
I’ll be back later for the Mid-Day Meow and a full fresh pot of NBACats news, until then, stay classy Big Blue Nation!