The Sunday Night Scratching Post
NBACats in Action
– Patrick Patterson got his first start of the season, replacing Samuel Dalembert at center for the Houston Rockets 101-85 win over the Utah Jazz. Patterson finished the game with 8 points, 7 rebounds, and 1 assist in 27 minutes of action. Enes Kanter played 12 minutes in his team’s losing effort, finishing with 6 points and 7 rebounds.
– The Kings barely lost to the Cavaliers tonight, 93-92. Demarcus Cousins made a basket with 2.9 seconds left to give the Kings a 92-91 lead, but that bastard Kyrie Irving hit 2 foul shots with 0.4 seconds remaining to give the Cavaliers the victory. Cousins finished the game with 19 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 assists. Chuck Hayes also added 2 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 block in 19 minutes of action.
– Brandon Knight, Tayshaun Prince, and the surging Pistons got a 96-81 victory over the slumping Celtics tonight. Prince continues to silence his critics, this time going for 13 points, 6 rebounds, and 1 assist. Brandon meanwhile, continues to show people why he should have been drafted higher than 8th, as he finished with 12 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists. On the losing side of things, Rajon Rondo played uninspired basketball on his way to a 5 point, 2 rebound, 10 assist performance before being ejected for receiving two technical fouls in the span of about 5 seconds.
– Jodie Meeks had 9 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist tonight in 29 minutes of action as the 76ers lost to the Timberwolves 92-91.
– The Thunder won a thrilling overtime game tonight against the Denver Nuggets 124-118. With Kendrick Perkins back in the starting lineup, Nazr Mohammed returned to the bench and finished the game with 4 points and 2 rebounds in 10 minutes of action. Kevin Durant scored 51 points, the most scored by a player all season.
– The Magic lost to the Heat 90-78 today. Daniel Orton did not play.