The Saturday Morning Furball
After a wonderful night of watching our youngest NBACats showcase their talents to the world, it’s time to start getting ready for tonight’s events. While we won’t get to see Jodie Meeks win the 3-point shooting contest, or watch John Wall in the Dunk Contest, you will get a chance to watch Wall and Rondo participate in this years Skills Challenge. For those of you who may not be familiar with this particular contest, the Skills Challenge puts players through an obstacle course of drills, with the winner being the one who completes it the fastest. It’s not as glamorous or as exciting as the other contests, but it’s a tremendous honor for both men, and I’m really looking forward to seeing which one of them wins it. Let’s get to some news…
NBACats Rising Star Highlights
– John Walls behind the back dunk…Greg Monroe, how dare you.
– Demarcus Cousins showing everyone why he has the talent to be the best center in the NBA.
NBACats in the News
– One of the top Detroit Piston fan websites, Detroit Bad Boys, recently wondered whether the Pistons should trade Brandon Knight. Are they out of their mind?
Kelenna Azubuike has signed with Los Angeles Clippers
– Apparently NBACat and Skills Challenge participant Rajon Rondo was not impressed with Zach Lowe’s question at the All-Star weekends’ Media Day, and the SI.com writer had this to say about the incident.
Like almost every team, the Celtics talk endlessly about wanting to run more, but they are playing this season more slowly than ever. Only the Pistons, Nets and Hornets average fewer possessions per game, according to Basketball Reference. I asked Rajon Rondo, the speediest Celtic, if he wanted to run more. “Yeah,” he said. “We gotta change it up, man.” He then turned to me and added: “Do you have any other stats you want to bother me with?”
That’s Rondo looking at Lowe as it happened. Some people just don’t like stats.
– And finally, this years crop of All-Star point guards (Rondo, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook ) were all asked about John Wall at the same Media Day Rondo almost smacked Zach Lowe in his face. The Washington Times wrote a story about it, and it’s pretty good. You should read it.
We’ll be updating the site all day and we plan on having a twitter party later tonight during the Skills Challenge, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @nbaCATS so you can join the fun. We also have recently created a Facebook Page called NBACats, so be sure to check that out as well. Go NBACats!!!