The Tuesday Night Scratching Post
One of my favorite things in life is when someone I don’t know sends me a text message thinking I’m someone else. Instead of just saying “wrong number” like a normal person, I usually end up trying to have some ridiculous conversation in hopes that I will end up with something funny to share with friends. For some reason this happens to me frequently. Here is one of my favorites:
Person: Hey what’s up?
Me: Yo yo!!! What’s good my brother?
Person: My brother? Im looking for gary?
Me: Hold on, let me get him…
Me: Hi, this is Gary
Person: How do I know this is him?
Me: You’ll have to trust me. What’s up?
NBACats in Action
– Rajon Rondo and the Boston Celtics defeated the Cavaliers tonight 86-83, snapping a five-game losing streak. Rondo was actually held scoreless in the game (0-6 from the field), the first time that has happened to him since March 16, 2011. However, he did contribute 3 rebounds, 11 assists and 1 steal. A full post game recap, with pictures, can be found here.
– The 76ers crushed Detroit tonight, 97-68. Jodie Meeks played well in helping his team to the victory, finishing with 12 points, 5 rebounds and 2 steals while connecting on 2 of his 5 three-point tries. Tayshaun Prince and Brandon Knight both played poorly for Detroit, who have now lost 3 straight games. Prince shot just 2-10 from the field and only added 4 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists. Knight was just as bad, finishing with 8 points (2-8 from the field), 3 rebounds and 1 assist. For a full post game recap all you have to do is click this link.
– Patrick Patterson and the Houston Rockets beat Jamaal Magloire and the Raptors tonight, 88-85. Patterson played 24 minutes off the bench and finished the night with 8 points, 5 rebounds and 1 block. Magloire played 15 minutes off the bench for the Raptors in the loss, adding 2 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist. A full post game recap can be found here.
– The bucking Bucks defeated John Wall and the Wizards 119-118. Wall put the Wizards up 118-117 with 6.8 seconds remaining, but Ersan Ilyasova scored on a tip-in with 2.2 seconds. Wall again had a chance to win the game, but was called for traveling before he could get a shot off with 1 second left on the clock. Despite the traveling call, Wall had a great game, finishing with 19 points, 15 assists and 5 rebounds. Wall also had 7 turnovers. The Wizards have now lost 5 straight games. For a full post game recap click here.
The Demarcus Cousins, Chuck Hayes, Enes Kanter and Eric Bledsoe games are all still being played so we’ll cover those in the Morning Furball.
NBACats in the News
– Is John Wall on his way to becoming an elite point guard? That’s what the guys and gals over at CSNWashington.com think, and they make a pretty compelling argument. They point out that Walls’ numbers this year aren’t too far off from where guys like Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose were their sophomore years. If you want to see all their fancy statistics, check out the full article. It’s worth the 5 minutes it will take you to read it, I promise.
–Patrick Patterson is starting to impress people in Houston, so much so, that they’re beginning to think starting power forward Louis Scola is expendable.
– Tayshaun Prince celebrated his 32nd birthday today. In order to properly celebrate his birthday, here is a video of him burying 5 consecutive three-pointers against North Carolina.
- Posted in: Pro Cats
- Tagged: Boston Celtics, Brandon Knight, Chuck Hayes, Cleveland Cavaliers, Demarcus Cousins, Detroit Pistons, Eric Bledsoe, Ersan Ilyasova Tip-in, Funny, Houston Rockets, Jamaal Magloire, Jodie Meeks, John Wall, NBA Cats, NBAcats, Patrick Patterson, Rajon Rondo, Raptors, Rockets., Rondo scoreless, Tayshaun Prince, Texting, Toronto Raptors, UK, Washington Wizards, Wizards