The Wednesday Morning Furball
February 29th is the cicada of the calendar. For 4 years we forget it even exists and then all of the sudden we are bombarded with a chorus of leap day stories and thousands of little leap day babies, emerging from underground to shed their shells. A few days later it’s all over, and we go back to forgetting how many days there are in February. The actual reasons for why we have a leap day are quite complicated and often misunderstood. I won’t get into all of the details, mainly because I could never do it better than this guy.
So Happy Leap Day! Now, let’s get to some news…
NBACats in Action
– Demarcus Cousins, Chuck Hayes and the
Louisville Sacramento Kings beat Enes Kanter and the Utah Jazz last night, 103-96. Cousins could not be stopped once again, recording his 21st double-double of the season with 22 points and 18 rebounds. I’m just going to go ahead and say it, he’s the best center in the NBA (unbiased opinion). Chuck played a solid all-around game off the bench, recording 2 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block in 16 minutes of action. Kanter played 17 minutes for the Jazz in the loss, finishing with 4 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal. The full post game recap can be found here.
– Clippers head coach Vinny Del Negro, in an effort to continue to find ways to lose his job, only played Eric Bledsoe 1 minute in the team’s 109-97 loss to the TimberWolves last night. FireVinnyDelNegro.com is inching closer and closer into existence.
NBACats in the News
– Don’t forget that Josh Harrellson will be taking his first “leap” in an NBA game in over 6 weeks as his Knicks take on the Cavaliers tonight. This will be the first time Josh has played in a game since NBACats.com started and it will also be the first time he’ll get a chance to play with NBA sensation Jeremy Lin. Here is a “Lin”k to a video of Josh talking about his return.
– Anyone need proof that John Wall is getting better?
Looking deeper at Wall’s season thus far, he’s improved every month. In December, Wall averaged just 13 points and 6 assists while shooting 27% from the field. In January, his numbers improved to 16.6 points, 7.3 assists and 41.4% shooting. And in February, Wall has averaged 18.1 points, 8.5 assists and shot 48%. You don’t need to be a mathematician to come to the conclusion that Wall is improving.
Now you have it.
– Testing your vertical leap on leap day is as American as apple pie. I always test my vertical leap on leap day. You should test your vertical leap on leap day. This article will teach you how to test your vertical leap on leap day.
– Rajon Rondo hopes one day he will earn a 100 overall ranking in the NBA2k basketball video game series. Just go to the roster menu and give yourself a jumpshot Rondo, that should do it.
- Posted in: Pro Cats
- Tagged: bbn, Chuck Hayes, Clippers, Demarcus Cousins, double-double, Enes Kanter, Eric Bledsoe, Jeremy Lin, John Wall, Josh Harrellson Healthy, Josh Harrellson Status, Josh Harrelson, Josh Harrelson Returns, Josh Harrelson video, Kentucky Leap Day, Knicks, Leap Day, NBA Cats, NBA2k12, NBAcats, Rajon Rondo, Sacramento Kings, UK, Utah Jazz, Vertical leap, Vinny Del Negro