Darius Miller’s Thursday Night Scratching Post
#1 Kentucky absolutely annihilated Georgia 79-49 tonight on Senior Night. Darius Miller led the team in scoring with 17 points, including 5 three-pointers, and exited the game with about 1 minute remaining to a standing ovation. Eloy Vargas also got a chance to play some
quality minutes and finished with 2 points and 5 rebounds. It’s the last time we will ever see Miller and Vargas playing in Rupp Arena (and possibly Davis, Lamb, Jones and Teague too), but fortunately, both have a lot of basketball left ahead of them. They both have 10 games left in college and after that Darius will be earning the coveted title of NBACat. Even Vargas has a chance to play in the NBA, according to Cal. I would say that’s crazy, but Josh Harrellson plays for the Knicks.
NBACats in Action
– Nazr Mohammed lead his Oklahoma City Thunder to victory tonight, defeating the Orlando Magic 105-102. Without Mohammeds’ 1 rebound and 1 steal in 7 minutes the Thunder would have lost by 25, easily. He was the difference in the game, not Kevin Durant, like ESPN says. On the other side of the court, DeAndre Liggins had 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 0 turnovers and no field goal attempts in 4 invisible minutes. Daniel Orton continues to sleep with one of the coaches daughters or something, and didn’t play.
– Eric Bledsoe, Demarcus Cousins and Chuck Hayes are playing in a game over a 1,000 miles to the west of where I live, so we’ll get to their games in the Morning Furball.
NBACats in the News
– The Bleacher Report put together another list, this time of the NBA’s most high maintenance players. Demarcus Cousins was included in the list, and so was Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, and Dwight Howard. I guess what they’re really trying to say is that he’s awesome.
– ESPN was abuzz with Rajon Rondo trade talk all day today, and him and his giant sasquatch hands are picking up a ton of interest from other teams. However, ESPN’s David Alridge (the guy who looks like the LeVar Burton from Reading Rainbow) says he thinks the Celtics are just trying to see what they could get, but ultimately Rondo won’t be going anywhere.
C’s source, pushing back on Rondo trade rumors: “Teams want him? That’s great. He’s not going anywhere.”
1 Mar 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
If he goes anywhere I hope it’s to the Lakers where he, Kobe and Bynum can contend for championships for years to come. Whatever happens, we won’t have to wait long to find out. The NBA trading deadline is March 15th. Where would you like to see Rondo end up?
– Did you know Rondo has the 2nd most triple-doubles in the NBA over the last 4 seasons (10), trailing only Lebron Lames? In other news, Danny Ainge is an idiot.
It’s Miller Time!