Demarcus Cousins Wednesday Night Scratching Post
So here’s what we know so far. Earlier today news broke that Cousins had allegedly sent pictures of his lil boogie to a woman named Asia Monroe (pictured above). According to the website balljunkie.com, where the pictures originated (pictures can be found here), Monroe and Cousins had a brief sexting relationship. Monroe has since blocked Cousins on Twitter. Cousins is denying that he sent the picture. And that’s about all we know.
Most likely Cousins will be asked to comment on the story tonight after his game against the Hornets, so hopefully that will be entertaining. If this whole thing turns out to be a lie, well then who’s penis is that? If this whole thing ends up being true, then Cousins will be joining a long list of professional athletes like Brett Favre, Greg Oden, Chris Cooley, and Rasual Butler who have pictures of their privates on the Internet. It certainly isn’t good for his reputation, but come on, it’s not like he had sex with Karen Shyper.
Cat MVP of the Night: Josh Harrellson (for the second night in a row!)
– With Tyson Chandler out with an injury, our boy Josh Harrellson got his second career start tonight. Unfortunately the Knicks lost the game to the Spurs 116-105, but that was Jeremy Lins fault. Josh was impressive in the game, finishing with 8 points (4-10 shooting), 8 rebounds (5 offensive), 1 steal and 1 block. It’s great to see that Harrellson has found his way back into the Knicks rotation, and hopefully that trend will continue. Steve Novak only scored 4 points. A full post game recap can be found here.
– The Washington Wizards somehow found a way to beat the Los Angeles Lakers tonight, 106-101 (this would be like Auburn beating Kentucky). John Wall did not have his best game by any stretch, finishing with just 4 points on 1-8 shooting, but he was able to contribute 9 assists, 2 rebounds and 1 block. The guys over at Bullets Forever put it best when they titled their game recap, “Washington Wins, And I Don’t Know How”. A full post game recap can be found here.
– The Philadelphia 76ers crushed the Celtics tonight, 103-71. Rajon Rondo looked nothing like the guy we saw drop 18-20-17 just days ago, finishing with just 5 points (2-6 shooting), 8 assists, 1 rebound and 2 steals. Jodie Meeks, playing in his second game off the bench, had a quiet but solid night, finishing with 5 points (2-4 shooting), 4 rebounds and 1 assist. The man who stole Jodie’s starting job, Evan Turner, had a huge night, scoring 26 points and adding 9 rebounds and 2 assists. A full post game recap can be found here.
– Jamaal Magloire led the Toronto Raptors past Patrick Patterson and the Houston Rockets tonight, 116-98. In typical Magloire fashion, his contributions were hard to quantify (0pts, 2 reb), but you can bet your bottom dolllar he was the key to the game. Patterson had a pretty good game for the Rockets despite the loss, adding 13 points, 6 rebounds and 1 block. A full post game recap can be found here.
– Enes Kanter and the Utah Jazz beat the Charlotte Bobcats tonight, 99-93. Kanter played only 15 minutes in the game, and added just 3 points (1-4 shooting), 1 rebound and 1 steal. It’s very dissapointing to see a guy like Kanter, who Grantland.com ranks as the 5th best rookie, not get the minutes he deserves. With the March 15th trading deadline approaching, hopefully Kanter’s situation will improve. A full post game recap can be found here.
– Eric Bledsoe and the Clippers lost the Nets tonight, 101-100. Eric only got to play 6 minutes but managed to make the most of it, finishing with 5 points (2-3 shooting), 1 steal and 1 block. Just like Kanter, Bledsoe is a talented player stuck behind a bunch of NBA veterans. Bledsoe has been reported in numerous trade rumors, so hopefully something will change for the better soon. A full post game recap can be found here.
– Nazr Mohammed and the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the Phoenix Suns tonight, 115-104. Nazr didn’t play great, but didn’t get a chance to play all that much either. He finished with 0 points, 1 rebound and 1 block in 5 minutes of action. A full post game recap can be found here.
– Demarcus Cousins and Chuck Hayes are still playing their game, so we’ll get to them Morning.